A special preview of Cristian Mungiu’s acclaimed
& an exclusive interview with Mungiu and Ethan Hawke
Wednesday April 26
Screening at 6:30
IFC Center 323 6th Ave, New York City
- May 5-7, 2020 Online screening of the award-winning documentary Acasa, My Home with discussion between its director, Radu Ciorniciuc and Ethan Hawke
- January 22, 2019 Theater Benefit: True West, by Sam Shepard, starring Ethan Hawke & Paul Dano, followed by an exclusive post-performance reception with the cast
- October 13, 2016 Screening: Graduation with Ethan Hawke and Cristian Mungiu at IFC Center, NYC
- November 24, 2014 Screening: Seymour: an Introduction with Ethan Hawke and Seymour Bernstein Q&A session at the IFC Center
- June 5, 2013 An evening with Andrew Solomon: Ethan Hawke interviewed the celebrated author in his landmark townhouse in Greenwich Village.
- October 30, 2012 Theatre benefit: with Ethan Hawke, Joely Richardson, Juliet Rylance CANCELLED DUE TO SUPERSTORM SANDY.
- January 19, 2011 Theater Row: featuring Blood from a Stone, by Tommy Nohilly and starring Ethan Hawke, followed by a reception with delicious Romanian food.
- August 14, 2010 The Alex fund Summer Gala
- February 19, 2010 Theater Benefit: A Lie of the Mind, by Sam Shepard, produced by The New Group and directed by Ethan Hawke.
- February 8, 2009 Theater Benefit: The Winter’s Tale, produced by The Bridge Project at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, directed by Sam Mendes.
- November 9, 2007 Theater Benefit: The Things We Want, by Jonathan Marc Sherman, produced by The New Group and directed by Ethan Hawke.
- June 4, 2007 Screening of The Fever, starring Vanessa Redgrave, with special presentations by Vanessa to The Alex Fund , UNHCR and UNICEF.
- March 29, 2007 Theater Benefit: The Year of Magical Thinking, with Vanessa Redgrave, and dinner following at the home of Ethan and Ryan Hawke.
- February 24, 2007 Theater Benefit featuring The Fever, written by and starring Wallace Shawn with after-party at Zanzibar.
- April 6, 2006 Theater Benefit: Living Room in Africa, produced byThe Edge Theater and directed by Carolyn Cantor, with after-party at Zanzibar.
- May 9, 2005 Book party and silent auction at the Nemati Collection Gallery in New York, celebrating Romania Redux by Dan Dimancescu and honoring the work of The Alex Fund.
- March 15, 2005 Theater Benefit: HurlyBurly, by David Rabe, produced by The New Group and starring Ethan Hawke, with a post-theatre party at the West End Café.
- January 10, 2005 USAID Dinner at the Kimmel Center at New York University, honoring Leslie Hawke.
- November 12, 2004 Benefit Dinner: Century Club, honoring Ambassador Michael Guest, and hosted by Andrei Codrescu.
- November 7, 2003 Theater Benefit featuring Henry IV, by William Shakespeare, starring Ethan Hawke at Lincoln Center, followed by dinner at the home of Mark and Dana Nelson.
- May 13, 2003 Theater Benefit: A Long Day’s Journey Into Night, starring Vanessa Redgrave and Brian Dennehy, followed by dinner at the home of Andrew Solomon.