The preschool teachers who want to volunteer this summer to run daily sessions in their kindergartens – a two-week educational module designed and supported by OvidiuRo – are invited to attend one of the regional trainings we are organizing, as follows: Bistrita county (June 20 – 22), Covasna county (June 25 – 29), Valcea county (June 27), Dolj county (June 28), Sibiu county (June 28), Dambovita county (July 2), Maramures county (July 2), Prahova county (July 3), Iasi county (July 3), Harghita county (July 3), Mures county (July 3), Vrancea county (July 4), Brasov county (July 5), and Alba county (July 5).
The teachers are invited to apply for one of the trainings by filling in an on-line form: https://tinyurl.com/ycro4hla
A preschool teacher is eligible to organize a Summer Program, if:
– She/he attends one of the regional trainings;
– The children participating in the summer module are living in poor, disadvantaged communities;
– There are more than 10 children participating in one summer program.
Benefits of the Sotron Summer Programs:
– Offer less advantaged children rich summer learning experiences;
– Provide teachers with opportunity to practice the activities that had been introduced in the training conference;
– Provide children with quality education materials;
– Introduce poor parents to the education system in a low-stress setting (when schools are otherwise unoccupied).
In Bistrița, 25 shapers (preschool teachers that are part of OvidiuRo’s network for quality early education) have already attended, for 3 days, ‘train the trainer’ intensive workshops that are preparing them to better disseminate the Sotron Summer Programs module, during the following regional trainings. The second ‘train the trainer’ meeting is being held by OvidiuRo in Araci, Covasna County, between June 25-29.